Sunday, May 3, 2009

She Needs Rest

Today when I went to see Lindsay she was sitting up in a chair. They have her out of bed in a chair, how amazing is that?! Today she was feeling more pain in her chest, but had plenty of rest. Lindsay was also given apple sauce to take some pills as well as water, jello and ice chips. She was woken up every hour last night so the nurse can issue meds and Lindsay was also requesting meds because she woke up screaming twice in pain. Our 4 o'clock visiting hour was cancelled today, so she can get some sleep. It was a good thing it was cancelled because she got about 3 hours of sleep. She really needed it.
She has a large following in the ICU, so I am sure we really wipe her out too. Her throat still hurts and she doesn't seem to have energy just yet so some times her and I just stare at each other instead of talking so she can be comfortable and not be overwhelmed. Her favorite thing to do is hold our hands. I love the way she reaches out to us to hold her hand. We are all very excited to be there for her and we try to rotate so every one gets a chance to see her, but I can tell she gets tired. By the time her 10 o'clock visiting hour hit she was passed out so we decided to leave and let her rest and recover.
Missy (Lindsay's roommate) and her mother& sister came to visit and brought Lindsay a stuffed, red heart with arms. It is so cute and I am sure she enjoys it. We are being told she is not allowed to accept flowers at this time. So thank you for your kind gestures, but we cannot accept flowers. If you like you can take the money you were going to buy flowers with and possibly donate to Lindsay's fundraising website. Unfortunately, it is not up yet, but I am meeting with the coordinator this Saturday to get more info about the website.
I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linz, Its Steph your wonderful cousin up in Idaho. I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you and that I look up to you for your strengh and courage. You and everyone who has been there with you are AMAZING. You are all doing a great job and I really appreciate you. All of us up North will try to come soon. We Love You!

    ReplyDelete