Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Sorry I didn't Blog yesterday, but I needed rest and a break from it all.
A group of us meet with Children's Organ Transplant Association (COTA) to help us get organized and ready for any fundraising events we will be holding to raise funds to help pay for Lindsay's lung transplant expenses. Out of pocket expenses are estimated to be about $55,000. We have a very ambitious group and creative ideas for events. You can now go online and donate at http://www.cotaforlindsaym.com/ You may also write a check, but it needs to be made out to COTA and in the memo put 'Lindsay M.'
I didn't see Lindsay yesterday, but I spoke with her today and she is still in pain from the chest tubes been taken out since yesterday. The nurses say she should not be experiencing this much pain still. So they may want to keep her an extra day in the hospital and on top of that one of her prescriptions will not be ready until 2pm tomorrow. They will not let her discharge unless she has all of her prescriptions with her. So I will be waiting for a call tomorrow when they are ready and I will shoot up to the hospital to see if they will let her leave or not.
Please pray for Lindsay that the Lord will subside her pain so she can be more comfortable because she has been through so much. She will also need prayers that her body will not reject the lungs and for her to stay healthy because she is more susceptible to infection. But importantly give praise to Him that she is alive & well and that she can live to see her dreams with these new lungs.
I just got a text from Lindsay that she weighs 97 lbs! She went in at 89 lbs. Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I tried to go to Lindsay's fundraising website, but it says there is an error and I can't get on it. I'll keep trying, but I wanted to let you know. Once I can get on, I will pass the information on to everyone I know, and see if I can figure out a way to post it on Classmates.com to see if Pioneer High's Class of '75 can help out. Also, I just wanted to say that YOU ARE AN AMAZING SISTER!!!! Lindsay is lucky to have you by her side!! Thank you for keeping all of us updated! Please tell Lindsay that I'm keeping her in my prayers, like everyone else, but with her spunk and determination, I know she's going to be able to live out all her dreams!

    ReplyDelete