Friday, April 3, 2009

...Waiting...

Have you ever wanted to something right here and now and so bad? I have and I currently do. This process is going to be long and involved. Many things can and will happen during this time. I will learn a lot to by all the people I talk to. I went to a support group for the first time today. Yeah I felt as if I was in an AA meeting. “Hi I’m Lindsay, and I’m waiting for double lungs.” But then things got better. People began to speak about their transplants and people who are also waiting for one spoke. Each position takes a toll on you mentally and emotionally. That is what I have all of you for. Cause I’m going to need you! The one thing I am waiting for is my PFT’s to be a high number. My current PFT is 26%. Pulmonary function tests measure how well lungs take in and release air, and how well they move oxygen into the blood. Yours is well over 100%. I will get 75% or better of my lung function back… do you know what that means? I can do all things I haven’t been able to do in a while. I can fly in a plane without oxygen, walk up one flight of stairs, take dance classes again, I can go to10,000 feet, Snowboard again, I will be able to walk, skip, and maybe even run a mile and this is all I can’t wait to do. You may not have ever realized how restricted I have been. Once I am well and recovered I may not stop traveling and doing things I haven’t done in a while. I plan to save some money and go to New Zealand and snowboard, all are welcome and my girls better be saving their money!

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to save!!! But if I take a portion out to go to New Zealand, you have to help w/ my wedding... HEHEHEHEHE :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I like to travel...

    ReplyDelete