Friday, April 10, 2009

Right Heart Catherization


There were many test I had to go through and this was the most gut wrenching one...my neck was stiff for hours after this one. This test was to see how well my heart is. Do I need a heart transplant or not? I got to doctors at 10am with Rebecca. They let her stay in with me while they performed this procedure. They laid me down on a bed and began...
The went through my jugular, I thought I was going to pass out. Mind you I was awake this whole time. They laid 3 layers of blankets/sheets over me. I was so hot and needed some air. They gave me a little peep hole and all I could see was Rebecca. I had to hold my neck in this postion for 3 hours. Rebecca told me there was a line of students that showed up while I was under the blankets. After, I felt like I was on an episode of Grey's. Then they began to run their tests. Blowing saline in and out of my heart. Well I have a great one and dont need a heart transplant :) Oh so thrilled.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,Linz
    Well i get to leave you the first message you get to read when you recover fron your LUNG TRANSPLANT!!!!!!! I am so excited and happy for you. You are in our thoughts and prayers and i cant wait to see you soon.
    Love your cousin,
    Rachele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, cancel that last post. It was a little to soon to celebrate. Those lungs didnt work out but there will be more. We are still thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete